There are many ways to reduce or compress the size of your chosen PDF. Most of them are simple and straightforward, and with the added bonus of being free. The reason for doing this is because some people need to reduce the size of a PDF file in order to save more space on either their hard drive or another form of memory storage.
In this article, we will go into how to reduce size PDF file, and all the different methods to do so: how to compress pdf size So, you have many different options for reducing the size of your chosen PDF.
Re-save Your PDF to Reduce Its File Size
The simplest way to reduce the file size of your desired PDF is to compress images, remove any unnecessary tags, and get rid of anything else that appears to be unnecessarily increasing the PDF file. You can do this quickly with any program or PDF editing tool that has Print to PDF as an option. The much free online software can do this too.
- Open your chosen PDF file that you need to compress
- Choose the Export tool, and save as Dialog
- Select PDF for the file type to save it as
- Compress any images, and optimize your file
Using Online PDF Compressor
This free online PDF file compressor is a handy tool to have to quickly reduce the size of your PDF files. You can do this in only a few easy steps, and create a smaller PDF in no time at all!
- Go to altocompresspdf.com
- Find the PDF file that you need to make smaller
- Click on your chosen PDF file
- Drag this PDF into the Drop PDF here icon on the website
- The file will now begin to be compressed
- Scroll down to Download file now, and click on it
- Choose the location you want to save the compressed PDF in
- Click Save
- You now have a compressed PDF file
Compress PDF Using Preview on Mac
If you are using a Mac computer, you will have the Preview application automatically installed. This is the inbuilt image viewer for Apple computer devices. Again, this is a very simple and straightforward method for compressing any PDF files that you may need to reduce the size of: https://www.cisdem.com/resource/how-to-make-a-pdf-smaller-mac.html
- Open your chosen PDF file in Preview
- In the top left of the screen, select File
- Now click on Export As to trigger a dialogue box to open
- In this new dialogue box, click on the Format drop-down menu
- Click on PDF as the option for this drop down
- Next, click on the Quartz Filter drop-down menu
- Click on Reduce file size within this drop down
- Select the location for which you want to save the new PDF file in
- Click on Save
- You now have a compressed version of the PDF file
Overall, these three methods are quick and effective for if you need to reduce the size of any of the PDF files on your computer, in order to save space for new documents or other work. There are many other ways available to do the same job, including using Adobe applications, but hopefully, the methods outlined in this article have helped you to be able to reduce the size of your PDF files.